What are Extended Learning Opportunities (ELOs)?
ELOs are encouraging students to explore careers they never would have considered and are giving them the confidence to push themselves further.
Extended Learning Opportunities, or ELOs, are credit-bearing learning experiences that happen outside of the traditional classroom. They provide limitless options to deeply explore fields of study and career paths that students are passionate about, including those that may not be available through their school curriculum, and may even provide an alternative pathway to fulfilling graduation requirements.
Learn more about ELOs by clicking on the buttons below.
- A full-time ELO Coordinator;
- Credit for ELOs in accordance with district and graduation requirements;
- Well-established community partner relationships;
- A district policy that supports the implementation of ELOs;
- Clear guidelines on how certified school; personnel will oversee ELO students;
- Availability to all students; and
- Programs that are rigorous and challenging.