Who we are
New Hampshire has always considered public education a precious civic asset. Reaching Higher NH’s mission is to foster that support for high standards in our public schools, giving all New Hampshire children the opportunity to prepare for college, for immediate careers, and for the challenges and opportunities of life in 21st Century New Hampshire. We serve as a nonpartisan 501c3 public education policy resource for New Hampshire families, educators, and elected officials.
What we do
We support and promote policy and practices that strengthen public education and improve educational outcomes for all NH students. We work with a diversity of stakeholders to further local innovation, raise public awareness, and support the following types of initiatives:
- Student centered learning;
- Competency education;
- Project based learning;
- Eliminating test prep and reducing high-stakes testing;
- Innovative, locally-driven models of instruction and assessment;
- Personalized career pathways;
- 21st century skills; and,
- Dropout prevention and recovery.