The Parent Information Center (PIC), in collaboration with New Hampshire Family Voices, is sponsoring an annual Family Engagement Recognition Celebration in October. As a part of the celebration, they are seeking nominations for recognition of parents, school, health care and behavioral health personnel, and community members that have made an extraordinary contribution to promoting family engagement to support children’s education, health and well-being.
Criteria include having displayed creativity, innovation, and/or commitment at the community, school, district, or state level in one or more of the NH Standards for Family-School-Community Partnerships.
Nominations are open for individuals, groups or teams of people who have displayed creativity, innovation, and/or commitment to improving family engagement to support children’s education, health and well-being at the school, community, local, district, or state level in one or more of the following areas:
- Communicating Effectively – Fostering positive, two-way communication between families and the various providers, systems or agencies that support them (school, health providers, community agencies, etc.)
- Supporting Children’s Success – Supporting children’s learning and healthy development at home, school and across all community environments.
- Collaborating as a Community – Supporting collaboration to connect children, families and staff in expanding learning opportunities, community services and civic participation.
- Sharing Decision-Making – Supporting families and service providers to be shared partners in decisions that affect children and families including: promoting family involvement on committees or in programs that advocate system or policy changes; serving as representatives for the community; and/or developing parent leadership.
- Welcoming All Families into the Community – Ensuring all families and staff feel welcomed and respected including those with diverse needs by providing families and staff with opportunities to connect with one another
- Speaking Up for Every Child – Empowering families and staff to be advocates for their own and other children and to ensure that students are treated fairly and have access to a variety of opportunities that will support their success and well-being. This includes working together to share information about how systems operate; sharing resources; resolving problems and conflicts respectfully; and supporting families’ ability to be effective advocates.
Nominations are due on September 12, 2018. Click here to make a nomination!
For more information, contact the Parent Information Center at 224-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.