Reaching Higher NH is seeking a short-term, part-time Research Assistant to help track key education legislation during the NH General Court’s 2018 session. Reaching Higher NH is a nonpartisan 501c3 public education policy resource for NH parents, educators, and elected officials. Our mission is to support high-quality public education and the infinite potential of every child in New Hampshire.
Application and Hiring Timeline:
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Start date – immediate. Application details are listed below. This short-term position will end in May.
- Livestream, monitor, and note key developments at hearings and work sessions on legislation, as flagged and requested by Reaching Higher’s policy team;
- Research and prepare write-ups, summaries, and basic memos on policy issues, as requested;
- Provide social media support to Reaching Higher’s policy and communications teams, as necessary and requested;
- Assist in the planning of meetings and other key policy events and convenings, as needed.
- Other general program supports, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 2-3 years experience in professional office setting;
- Strong and demonstrated social media experience;
- Demonstrated tech savviness; and,
- Knowledge of, and keen interest in, legislative process strongly preferred.
- Must have a vehicle and valid drivers license.
- Availability most Tuesdays/Thursdays (when legislative hearings & work sessions are generally scheduled).
Salary and Exempt Status:
This is a part-time (between 10-20 hours a week – some of which can be remote), short-term (February – May) non-exempt position with a competitive hourly wage.
Interested applicants should submit all of the following materials to Evelyn Aissa, Executive Director, Reaching Higher NH via email@example.com: resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
View the PDF of this announcement here.