Reaching Higher NH is a nonpartisan 501c3 public education policy resource for New Hampshire parents, students, educators, and elected officials. We are dedicated to supporting high quality public education and fostering high standards that give every student the opportunity to prepare for college, careers, and life in 21st century New Hampshire. We believe that strong public schools are the foundation of thriving communities and community engagement in public education is essential to the wellbeing of our students – and all of us. Founded in 2015, Reaching Higher is already NH’s leading resource for K-12 policy and deep community engagement in our schools.
The core responsibilities of this part-time (30-35 hours/week) Program Assistant position are to provide essential logistical and administrative supports to advance Reaching Higher’s key place-based initiatives. The successful candidate will be focused, energetic, highly attentive to details, and ready to enthusiastically contribute to an extraordinary new place-based initiative.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. This position is for immediate hire.
- Interface (via email, phone, and in-person) with external partners in a timely and exceptionally professional manner, being responsive to, and respectful of, needs, inquiries, and requests.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and conference calls, polling partners as needed, and ensuring that attendance is maximized.
- Take accurate and polished minutes at a wide range of meetings.
- Coordinate logistics (securing locations/space, food, tech supports, caterers and other vendors) for external and internal meetings. Meetings will range in size from 1:1s to large school-wide convenings with hundreds of participants.
- Organize and maintain key program files and documentation.
- Maintain current and well-organized contact lists.
- Assist with deliverables tracking, supporting Reaching Higher’s team in the collection of key data and information for the organization’s key initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of materials (project reports, backgrounders, hand-outs, fliers) as assigned. This may include basic proofing, research supports, interfacing with vendors and community partners, and coordinating feedback and edits from external partners.
- Manage the printing and organization of materials needed to support meetings and convenings.
- Occasionally transcribe video and audio recordings from work groups and stakeholder input sessions.
- Make travel arrangements (air, hotel, transportation), as assigned.
- Work closely with Reaching Higher’s staff team to advance the organization’s key initiatives and overall mission.
- Be fully present and engaged in meetings with Reaching Higher’s management and team, gathering and offering constructive ideas, feedback, and support.
- Serve as a professional, respectful, and committed representative of Reaching Higher NH at all times.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school degree. A bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- One to two years experience in professional environment offering program supports.
- Exceptional attention to detail and overall professionalism.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Strong and demonstrated writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as under supervision.
- Experience using Google Docs.
- Strong computer proficiency and overall comfort with tech.
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for professional purposes, a plus.
- Some experience with digital photography and videography, a plus.
- An overall startup mentality – flexibility, adaptability, commitment and energy – and enthusiasm for working as part of a close, dedicated team.
Availability evenings and weekends essential. Must have a vehicle and valid drivers license.
This position reports to the Reaching Higher’s Executive Director and works closely with and supports all members of Reaching Higher’s staff team.
Salary and Exempt Status:
This non-exempt, part-time position is paid at a competitive hourly rate. Time commitment to range between 30-35 hours per week.
To apply, please send each of the following to Evelyn Aissa at firstname.lastname@example.org: resume, cover letter, and one writing sample. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
View the PDF version of this announcement here.