Reaching Higher NH is a nonpartisan 501c3 public education policy resource for New Hampshire parents, students, educators, and elected officials. We are dedicated to supporting high quality public education and fostering high standards that give every student the opportunity to prepare for college, careers, and life in 21st century New Hampshire. We believe that strong public schools are the foundation of thriving communities and community engagement in public education is essential to the wellbeing of our students – and all of us. Founded in 2015, Reaching Higher is already NH’s leading resource for K-12 policy and deep community engagement in our schools.
The core responsibilities of this position revolve around curating and framing education policy content, leading the development and implementation of RHNH’s communications strategy, and visioning and overseeing all elements of RHNH’s social media outlets and website.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – the application closing date is Friday, June 22, 2018.
Continually Advance Reaching Higher’s Brand and Strategic Communications Goals
• Lead in the development and implementation of all Reaching Higher’s marketing strategies and communications. This includes the editorial direction and distribution of Reaching Higher’s publications and communications.
• Lead in the generation, coordination, and sharing of online content that engages key audience segments.
• Build out Reaching Higher’s network of guest bloggers and original content contributors.
• Continually monitor and measure Reaching Higher’s online brand reputation.
• Ensure that Reaching Higher’s content is accessible, inclusive, and nonpartisan, always reflecting our core organizational values.
Expertly Leverage Data to Promote Deep Audience Growth and Engagement
• Use analytics, SEO, and social publishing tools to better promote content as well as deeper community and audience engagement.
• Maintain strong understanding of major social media channels and the unique audience habits of each, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Continually assess analytics reports, leveraging intel to optimize Reaching Higher’s social media strategy and outcomes.
• Nurture Reaching Higher’s online communities through continual monitoring and engagement.
Play a Unique and Positive Role on the Reaching Higher NH Team
• Work closely with Reaching Higher’s staff team to advance the organization’s communications strategy.
• Develop and provide technical trainings and related supports to RHNH team members and external partners, as necessary.
• Track all related communication metrics, data, spending, and deliverables for RHNH’s grants, clients, and donors in a timely and accurate manner.
• As needed, provide direct oversight of any/all communications team members and related subcontracts and/or external project partners, ensuring RHNH’s standards of quality, tone, accuracy, and inclusivity are always upheld.
• Be fully present and engaged in meetings with Reaching Higher’s management and team, gathering and offering constructive ideas, feedback, and support.
• Serve as professional, respectful, and committed representative of Reaching Higher NH at all times.
• Other tasks, as appropriate and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in digital communications, business, marketing, communications management, or other relevant field.
• A minimum of two to three years professional experience in social media channel management, in-house or at an agency.
• A minimum of two to three years experience managing and growing online communities.
• Must be results driven.
• Must have experience with paid social media planning and buying.
• Google Analytics and Facebook Blueprint certifications, significant pluses.
• Experience using Hootsuite and/or other social media management tools, a plus
• Exceptional and demonstrated writing and communication skills.
• Experience with CRM platforms, a plus
• Ability to work independently, as well as under supervision.
• Strong computer proficiency and overall tech expertise.
• Familiarity with education policy and players in NH, a plus.
• Experience with digital photography and videography, a plus.
• An overall startup mentality – flexibility, adaptability, commitment and energy – and enthusiasm for working as part of a close, dedicated team.
• Must be an innovative strategist.
Availability evenings and weekends. Must have a vehicle and valid drivers license.
This position reports to the Executive Director and oversees communications staff/intern(s).
Salary and Exempt Status
This is a full-time exempt position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
To apply, please send each of the following to Evelyn Aissa at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, June 22nd, 2018: resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a description of social media campaigns you have run in previous positions, including a summary of key related goals and outcomes. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
View the PDF announcement of this position here.