Education is one of the largest line items in the New Hampshire state budget. It’s often a large line item in local town budgets as well. Getting a thorough understanding of how funding works is important for all citizens — especially during budget and local election season.
Check out the webinar below for a presentation and Q&A on state education funding. Caitlin Davis from the Department of Education joined our in-house policy wonk, Dan Vallone to break it down.
- Overview of state education funding
- Adequacy—the definition, formula, and changes over time
- The mechanics of how the adequacy formula and funding process work in practice (i.e., how funds and information flow between localities and the state)
- The major court cases and legislative decisions that have impacted adequacy funding over the past few decades
- Major education items in Governor Sununu’s budget proposal
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com!